In an ideal world, a fishing rule should be summarized in one sentence: “I respect the site, fish and other fishermen”.
Unfortunately, the experience of the past 30 years requires us to have a few basic rules in place to maintain the quality of the lake and its surroundings:
- The use of the carp sacks is strictly forbidden.
- Each angler must be in possession of a fish care kit. These will be available to purchase on site should you not have one.
- A maximum of 3 rods is permitted for each angler.
- Cooked seeds, pellets and boilies are the only authorised baits, peanuts are prohibited.
- DO NOT BRING NETS, MATS OR SLINGS. Only UFC slings mats and nets are to be used on the lake. They will be issued to each angler upon arrival. Should there be the need for additional nets these will also be available for use.
- Any non-angler guests are invited to join the anglers on the lake for a fee and to be pre-booked on a trip. Please note there are B&B’s local to the lake which we would get discounted rates for should you require them for non-anglers.
- All fishing shelters are to be purpose built for fishing. We will allow green gazebo’s in the double swims as a secondary tent in the summer months for additional shelter.
- No open fires on the lake. Some of the swims have built in BBQ’s. These can be used by anglers should they chose to but they must be cleaned daily and any coals/wood disposed of correctly. (please speak to the on-site bailiffs for more information on this matter.
- Given their fragility, the sturgeon, grass carp, marbled carp and silver carp must not be taken out the water. All weighing and pictures must be carried out in the water.
- BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY – do not bring any other type of hook with you. You will be checked and offenders may well be sent home immediately.
- Safe,semi bolt rigs with a drop off lead system must be used.
- No braided main lines.
- It is forbidden to enter any part of the property prohibited to the public and to enter the water further than boot height.
- Radio-controlled boats may be used provided they do not cause inconvenience to other fishermen. Other craft are prohibited.
- There are double swims on the lake these are the only swims where 2 anglers can fish on the same swim.
- All bivvies and other erectable items must not block any road way around the perimeter of the lake.
- All anglers will be issued with bin bags when required. Please ensure they are filled tied and given to the bailiffs to dispose of.
If anyone on a trip from UFC fails to comply with the above rules they will be asked to stop fishing and potentially taken to the ferry port immediately.